The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

of mice and men

Wandering home by night unstarred.
I unlock the front door.
Jess, the bitch pup greets me in the hall.
I switch on the light and stroll towards the kitchen.
I look down.
Jess is trotting at my left heel.
At my right heel Fur Ham is waddling purposefully along in a little ball of animated golden fluff, for all the world is if he's trying to show me he's just as loyal as any dog and can keep up just as well.
The beauty of the moment strikes me.
All those coincidences.
Fur Ham escaping from his cage.
Fur Ham loose in the dark.
Jess not eating Fur Ham.
Me not walking on Fur Ham.
Fur Ham being in the right place at the right time so that it appeared he was following me loyally and welcomingly to the kitchen.
All those coincidences.
Some of you gentle travellers of the internet, will suspect that none of it was coincidence at all.
Ah, the dignity of creatures.
And the words of Adonai come whispering once more unto my wounded spirit: "The kingdom of heaven does not admit of observation. For look! The kingdom of heaven is in your midst."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home