The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

what is born to live

what is born to live is born to die
i've been thinking this a long time
in restlessness and peace
it seems true enough in a certain way
not true at all if you decry
but in the end finally true enough for me

a little town in france is come my prison
not too different from others i've known
trivial enough in terms of the universe
cruel enough for one alone
and i am alone my love
my words are come like ghosts to me
that sometimes i meet in dreams
they sound a haunted melody
and you also i've met
in the well worn fields
of evening in the green land
fields we wore out with walking
before the heart went mad

the curse is true both ways my love
as sure as sins forgive
what is born to die my love
is also born to live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home