The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, December 15, 2011

the story of my argument with alistair mcgrath

***
Alistair McGrath (philospher): "The existence of God lies beyond rational proof."
***
James Healy (chancer): "Oh I don't know. What I think is this. There is no rational proof for anything in the universe that any human being must accept as rational proof. No single assertion, no single sentence, in any language, about any proposition, is indisputable. This goes to the nature of reality rather than to the existence of God. What I am saying Alastair old bean, is that from the point of view of human beings, nothing exists without an act of faith."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home