The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, July 31, 2011

how mick sneeran got his groove back

This in my inbox:

"Let's get one thing straight. The reason you were fired is because you wouldn't even come in to work."

It was unsigned.
But it was him alright.
The whole thing oozed class.
His class that is.
The bottom of the heap.
Mick Sneeran, former editor of a now defunct newspaper called the Leinster Lootheramawn, doing a little reaching out from the mouldiest dunny in Western Australia or wherever he's hiding now.

In short order and with no real ill will, I dashed off a reply:

"Sneeran.
How would you know why they fired me?
They dumped you six months before they got rid of me.
Heelers"

And somewhere the god of bankrupt newspapers was smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home