The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, July 25, 2011

dances with hamsters

Evening at the Chateau.
Fur Ham and Ireland's greatest living poet are watching the sexevision.
"Why did God give hamsters little stumps for tails?" I ask during intermission.
"They're very comfortable," answers Furram Smythe.
"Comfortable?" quoth me interrogatively.
"Yes," says Fur. "Comfortable. They're really comfortable. So much so that I predict everyone will be wearing them eventually. People especially."
"But what are they for?" persisteth me.
"Fashion," proclaims the golden mouse.
"But you can't even wag them," I charge.
Fur Ham twitches a single dignified whisker.
"Maybe we can and we choose not to."
"Really? Why would you do that?"
"We don't want people thinking we're dogs," pronounced Fur Ham with an air of finality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Fur sounds exceedingly smart...

9:00 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Ade.
He's a pooh-a-lectual.
James

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home