The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

a percy in the proboscis is worth a monument in the bush

The thought rises almost unbidden that perhaps it's time to commission lefty Argentine artist Marianna Gabor to create a permanent monument to me.
She might do it.
We have a vague acquaintance from somewhere.
And in an age of abortionist Nazis, the genuinely great man must make his own monuments.
If I were to let my greatness attend upon the dilatory dilletante atheists of Irish conformist pseudo radicalism, why then, future generations would simply pass into their graves without knowing aught of my legend.
Or indeed of what they'd missed.
Egotistical, moi?
Mariana Gabor's best known work is an eye catching and heart stopping bronze sculpture dedicated to theatre people kidnapped and killed by the military during the Argentine civil war.
I suppose they were mostly communists.
Presumably they would not have had muct truck with my gentle Christian pretentions.
She gave them an amazing monument anyway, whoever or whatever they were.
It's in downtown Buenos Aires and features a line of bronze figures taking a bow before an imaginary audience.
It's called El Aplauso, The Applause.
Question: Should my monument include the bulbous pustule currently protruding from the interior of my left nostril?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home