The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, March 11, 2011

dances with muslims

Anissa lightly delivered the following anecdote.
 "My cousin Mohammed came into the living room when we were watching the Chelsea match. Dad loves Chelsea. Everyone in Tunisia liked Chelsea when Dad was young. So Mohammed is standing there looking at the television. And he says: Will someone explain the offside rule to me. And Dad roars: You are not a man, get out, get out of this room now. And he made him leave the room."
I stared at Anissa horrified.
"Anni," I exclaimed. "If that's how he treats Mohammed, he's going to eat me alive."
"Don't worry," said Anissa. "I'm not planning on bringing you home just yet."
This statement did not reassure me as much as you might expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home