The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, May 05, 2012

beauty

1. In my shallow Somethingnessness, I initially did not like the look of Mother Teresa's face. Then I realised that, far from looking like an old saddle bag, she is luminous with transcendent beauty.

2. Vicka, one of the people claiming to have visions of the blessed mother at Medjugorje, has a face that on first impressions seemed to me (in my insubstantial oleaginous salacious Something Somethingness) positively haggish. And then I realised that her smile was transporting me to the veritable gates of heaven.

3. In my trivial juvenile Something Something Somethingness, I once feared that my mother would not enjoy growing old. From her twenties she was often thought of as beautiful. But she was more beautiful at 80 than she was at 20.

***

The face God gives us is a gift beyond dreaming.
Therefore do not be afraid of ageing or of not looking like someone else thinks you should look.
One of the supposed visionaries at Medjugorje has claimed that Mary the mother of God told her: "Love much. And you will be beautiful."
It is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home