The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On First Looking Into Groening's Homer

Much have I wandered on television's roads.
Many cowboy and detective serials and sitcoms have I seen.
Round many reruns of Cannon have I been,
Which the late night channels in fealty to Quinn Martin Productions hold.
But never did I breathe the pure serene,
Until Matt Groening began merchandising The Simpsons loud and bold.
Then felt I like some watcher of Desperate Housewives,
When a new piece of salacious titilation masquerading as a plot twist swims into his ken;
Or like stout Eastwood when with eagle eye,
He looks at a street punk with a wild surmise,
And shoots him, over and over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home