The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, July 26, 2010

white washed sepulchres

Dropped around to the Dominican church in Newbridge this evening.
I arrived just as mass was ending.
The congregation was streaming from the door.
I stood to one side letting the people pass.
A grey haired countryman of wiry build stepped from the throng and stood along side me.
He might have been fifty years old.
"Look there," he cried jovially tugging my arm and indicating another man exiting. "That's the man we need playing football for Kildare."
The person he had indicated was Alan Dukes, former leader of Ireland's main opposition party Fine Gael.
Alan Dukes has recently accepted a job from Ireland's corrupt kleptocratic governing party Fianna Fail whereby Alan Dukes receives hundreds of thousands of dollars for giving faux bipartisan credibility to Fianna Fail's decision to force the Irish nation to bail out Fianna Fail's personal bank Anglo Irish Bank, which is the singlemost corrupt and indebted bank on the planet earth, and whose full net indebtedness and full list of multi million dollar thieving Fianna Fail supporting borrowers has yet to be revealed.
I kid you not.
Even the corrupt American giant Citibank during its recent collapse lost less money than Anglo Irish Bank.
That is to say Citibank lost less money than former Anglo Irish Bank chief Sean Fitzpatrick and his board members and his wife and members of the Fianna Fail party, stole from Anglo Irish Bank.
Sean Fitzpatrick is no longer head of Anglo Irish Bank.
He has not been arrested by the Irish police who are too busy summonsing me to court on charges trumped up by a corrupt scumbag in the Naas traffic division called Sergeant James D O'Mara, too busy summonsing me I say for the crime of allowing a light to break on my car, too busy facilitating James D O'Mara's thuggish clownish indolent vileness, too busy doing that to actually enforce the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
Here is the news.
Fianna Fail are spending Ireland into the third world in order to cover the thousands of millions of dollars stolen by Sean Fitzpatrick, his friends and his wife.
And Alan Dukes as the current Anglo Irish Bank chief is the propaganda tool enabling them to pull off this monstrous con under a veneer of bipartisanship and cross party solidarity.
The money Fianna Fail are paying Alan Dukes to help them fool the nation into paying Fianna Fail's gambling losses will ultimately entitle Alan Dukes to draw a third pension from the Republic of Ireland.
Just in case the other two pensions he gets as a former parliamentary idler weren't keeping him in the style to which he's become accustomed.
This is the Alan Dukes who had just exited Newbridge church before my eyes.
This was the Alan Dukes whom my sleeve tugging friend was trying to jolly me into greeting.
The same Alan Dukes who was caught up the mountains a decade ago philandering with his secretary.
The same Alan Dukes who a few weeks ago called on every Catholic Bishop in Ireland to resign.
Ah yes.
This beacon of probity and moral rectitude Alan Dukes.
It was unlikely I would have anything to say to him.
A mildly disdainful look flickered across the handsome features of Ireland's greatest living poet.
The wiry countryman who was jovially tugging at my sleeve while eulogising Alan Dukes supposed skills as a footballer player, was in all probability part of Alan Dukes entourage. (Such as it is.) A chauffeur maybe. Or a bodyguard.
Some of these people are a bit late getting the news.
Listen scruff.
I haven't worked for the useless loss making defunct vomitous Leinster Leader for three years.
I have no influence.
I am of no use to you.
Message ends.
I didn't say this to the gentleman tugging my arm.
I remained silent for another moment.
I looked from the wiry grey haired Dukes enthusiast to Dukes himself.
Then.
"I don't know what Alan Dukes is doing in a Catholic Church," I said evenly. "Since he hates Catholics so much."
The wiry fan took a step back.
"Sure isn't he entitled to be there the same as the rest of us?" he said turning away.
"Is he?" I murmured.
And I meant it to sting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home