The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

me and me and me (my favourite subject)

Morning Miss Aniss.
The problem with telling you anecdotes is that it seems in the short time I've known you, I've already used up my supply!
Anyhoo.
Seamus Heaney anecdote number fifteen... My feminist cousin Pauline was at a poetry festival. And she was telling some matronly poetry committee member worthy about me. She was saying: "I have a cousin, James Healy, and he's a poet." And the worthy said: "Oh but he's famous." And Pauline thought: "Well done James." And then she realised the daft happorth thought she'd said Seamus Heaney was her cousin.
Hilarious no!
Try to pretend you haven't heard it before, the next time I tell it to you.
x James

(The above was an email intended for Anissa Ladjemi but wired to the blog by mistake. It has been among the most read articles this month. Presumably the readers, like myself, were wondering what the hell it was doing here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home