The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

letter to a young hindu

JMJTP


D.

I wasn't scandalised by what you wrote.
I know many people feel as you do.

My testimony to you is that Jesus is real and that he is God and that he is love.
Some of his one liners...
"Judge not and you shall not be judged."
"Let the one among you who has never sinned be the first to throw a stone at her."
"The woman who put two pennies in the collection box gave more than the rich man because the rich man gave out of his plenty, but she gave all she had."
"There is more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for fifty honest men who never sinned in the first place."
"People who are well, do not need the doctor. I did not come to call the righteous, I came to call sinners."
"Do unto others what you would have them do to you."
"Love one another as I have loved you."
"Do good to those who persecute you."
"If you make my word your home you will come to know the truth and the truth will set you free."
"I will give you the peace that surpasses understanding."
"No greater love has any man than that he would lay down his life for his friends."
"Before Abraham was, I AM."

The one liners themselves ring with something beyond philosophy or rationale.

God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to lay down his life for us so that we might be free of the slavery which is sin.

Evil is real too and has a cause.
Okay some of us have a tendency to simply call things we don't like or understand "evil."
But evil itself exists regardless of whether we recognise it or not.
Evil has a cause.
Its cause is a spirit called Satan who has sought the ruination of humanity from the beginning.
Satan's greatest victory has been to convince people that he doesn't exist.
His second greatest victory, which flowed from the first, was to convince people that there is no difference between good and evil.

Satan loses another battle as long as we are friends.
I thank God every day (okay lots of days!) for our friendship.

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home