The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

on winds of destiny

X told me tonight that Morton is on sabbatical from the priesthood.
The moment he told me, I went silent.
I was experiencing some sort of spiritual stillness.
It certainly felt mystical.
X misinterpreted it of course.
Thought I was ashamed or something.
He said somewhat heatedly: "Well nothing matters as long as he's happy."
Still I was silent.
I knew just how unhappy Morton must be to even consider renouncing his priesthood.
I didn't feel particularly drawn to debating X on the matter.
But I was thinking to myself: "Of course the priests are leaving. Their leaders are colluding with the liberal media to label them as criminals. The rest of us are standing back from them as if they're all child rapists. Why the hell would they stay."
Ah yes.
The shepherds are being cut down before our eyes.
And the sheep are running back and forth between Coronation Street and Avatar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home