The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 20, 2010

into the great wide open

The Contessa is heading off for the weekend.
Her friends are holding a birthday party for her in Copenhagan.
It will be a wild affair.
I say goodbye to her on Dawson Street.
"Don't get into the fast cars with the druggies," I tell her.
"Why not?" she shoots back.
"You're better than them," I answer.
"Oh come on," she laughs.
"You're too beautiful to die in a car crash," I insist.
"You always say that," she answers.
"And remember Jesus loves you very much," I tell her.
"How do you know?" she challenges.
"Because he sent the finest spiritual thinker of the 21st century to tell you so," I explain gently.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home