The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, January 31, 2010

streets of fire

Beetling along Naas main street after dark.
I draw level with a distinguished looking man in an improbable trench coat.
It is the historian Liam Kenny.
He knows me from somewhere.
Before he can say anything I tell him: "Stop writing history columns for the Leinster Leader. The Leinster Leader is evil. The Johnston Press group that owns the Leinster Leader is evil. They can't fire people like me and they can't dump people like Ron Hickey after fifty years, unless people like you keep writing for them. You are making it possible for them to behave the way they behave."
He looked at me owlishly from behind thick glasses.
There was no need for any other greeting.
I strode away.
He knew what I meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home