The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, January 31, 2010

a rooskie in dublin

GONE OUT, BUT NOT OUT OF BUSINESS

By Irina Kuksova

***

A weekend in Her Majesty's realm. London is such a great place for culture-vulturing. Think of it: not once did I hear the dreaded "C" word from a gallerist! It's a perfect – although temporary – escape from Dublin and its quiet despair written all over the windows of abandoned art gallery spaces.

London just can't help pulling you into its whirlwind of trendy events. If you are to support a starving artist, why not do it in style?

 Ok, I admit that visiting a certain friend's gallery was on the top of my London schedule. I also admit, that this very place, unlike any other on my list, turned out to be closed. Hey, I actually walked right past it, as I was sure I must've mistook the address.

"The dreaded "C", Irina, you should've known better!' you may say. I hear you. Now, would you like to know what the tall, dark and handsome photographer I found inside that supposedly 'out of business' place told me? The gallery is rented out to… another art gallery. My friend, the actual owner, has simply decided to have a holiday!..

As I was leaving, I bumped into a couple of lads carrying in a huge painting. More pieces were waiting outside, ready to be unwrapped, photographed and be shown to public. A car sticker slogan flashed in my mind: "Crisis? What crisis?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home