The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, December 25, 2009

on stopping by the naas costa cafe on a christmas evening

whose cafe this is i think i know
his corporate headquarters is in london though
he will not see me stopping here
to watch his cafe fill up with proles
my little hamster must think it queer
to stop without our chateau near
between the grocery and bookshop with the scruff male counter staff
the darkest evening of the year
she gives the spare tyre on my belly a nip
to remind me to leave our new acquaintance the hungarian waitress a tip
the only other sound's the shriek
i unleash at the sight of my own blood
this cafe is obviously built to last
but i have a biting hamster up my vest
and budgies to clean out before midnight mass
and budgies to clean out before midnight mass
(With apologies to Robert Frost. No really, I'm very sorry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home