The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, October 16, 2009

of hamsters and men

Morning coffee at the Cafe Des Belles Russkis in Newbridge Silverware.
Ireland's greatest living poet is chatting to his brother Doctor Barn.
At the weekend their father celebrated his 81st birthday.
The conversation dwells on related topics.
"Did you tell the Dad you love him?" wondered me.
"I did," said Doctor Barn.
"What did he say?" quoth me.
"He looked like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him," sez the Doc.
The noble Heelers laughed heartily at this.
"Did you tell him you love him?" enquired Daktari.
The noble Heelers rubbed his chin thoughtfully.
When I rub my chin I look a bit like Rodin's The Thinker, only sort of vacant and thoughtless.
"The thing is Doc," sez me, " I can say it to the hamster. But I can't say it to my Dad."

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Oh, for heaven's sake, James, tell him or you'll always wish you had. Tell him that you love him and that you will never forget how much he loves you. That will ease his mind as well as yours.

1:41 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Just done as you instructed Gen.
You're touching lives far far away. You know that, don't you?
J

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home