The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

you can sing it

Another blooming Billy The Kid movie with Serafina.
The sequel to Young Guns.
Idiot violence made unfortunately attractive by rather improbably good acting.
Emilio Estevez as nutty as ever.
And Bon Jovi once more providing the highlight with a ridiculously self parodying anachronistic mish mash of western themes and modern rock rhythms.
Bon Jovi is singing:
"The newspapers are the same.
Only the names have changed.
The Johnston Press buys them up at ridiculously inflated prices.
And plays their usual game.
Sometimes it seems,
They're just firing all the staff
And replacing them with teenagers
To try and make their investment back.
They're cowboys.
On money lent by idiot banks they ride.
They're unwanted.
Scruff with a penny share price.
Oh I walk these streets.
A loaded six string on my back.
I worked ten years at the Leinster Leader.
The Johnston Press gave me the sack.
I have a certain naive charm.
You should see me kicking balls.
I've written a million humour columns.
And I've rocked them all.
Yeah I too am a cowboy.
On sublime genius I come.
And it ain't over Johnston Press
Until I say it's over scum.
Cos you're unwan-n-n-ted,
Dead or alive.
Deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dee dee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home