The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, June 26, 2009

sympathy with the devil

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE JUDICIAL ESTABLISHMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Dear Sirs and Madams.
I am writing to you as an Irish citizen.
I wish to protest against a recent court decision to award 1.87 million quid in damages against Independent Newspapers in a libel trial.
I believe this decision is an outrageous travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a sham of a travesty of a sham of a mockery of justice.
Well you know.
I am disquieted by the amount of the award and by the circumstances in which it has been made.
I do not think any such payment should have been ordered by the court.
I think the case should have been thrown out.
I think that the plaintiff, who has already received several hundred thousand quid from other media organisations in separate libel actions relating to the circumstances of this case, should have been given a good kick on the arse and told to f--- off home with herself.
These are my opinions.
These are my opinions as a citizen of the Republic.
I trust I am still entitled to hold and express them.
Or am I now also suddenly in hock to Monica Leech to the tune of a couple of million quid?
You useless incompetent deleterious swines.
You are placing an improper halter on the press which amounts to a subtle yet egregious form of censorship.
You are moving the country closer to a cultural dictatorship of vapid asinine conformity.
You are empowering an abjectly corrupt political class of malign usurpers who will sell Ireland even further down the river once they are no longer subject to due commentary.
You blocks, you stones, you worse than useless things.
You are discrediting both the Judicial Process and the Jury System.
I want you to stop.
You cannot know how much it grieves me to find myself on the same side as Independent Newspapers.
I gotta tell you Judge Liberal.
I will never forgive you for this one.
James Healy

2 Comments:

Anonymous MissJean said...

A shamockery and a shavestry then, eh?

1:44 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

MJ
Both of those!
J

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home