The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, June 28, 2009

there will come an hour

It was the eve of the Michael Jackson trial.
A guilty verdict was widely expected.
Disconsolately I wandered into a hairdressers in Kilcullen.
A girl began to cut my hair.
"Isn't Michael Jackson disgusting," she said chattily going about her business.
I sighed.
The salon was full.
"He became very famous very young," I began. "You know by the age of ten he was worth a billion dollars a year to his record company."
The girl snorted.
"Lots of people become child stars," she said. "They don't all do what he did."
I went very quiet for a moment.
I had the unmistakable feeling that whatever I said next was going to be misreported down the boozer that very same evening.
"I wasn't finished," I murmured. "My point wasn't that there's an excuse for his behaviour because he was a child star. My point is this. He was worth a billion quid a year to the record company when he was ten years old. I think someone may have tried to protect their investment by injecting him with female growth hormones which would preserve the tremulous childish girlish note in his voice. This is what I think happened. I think somebody got worried that Michael Jackson's billion dollar ten year old boy's voice was about to become a man's voice. The man's voice might be worth money too. But who knows? It might be worth nothing. The world is full of child stars who never generate quite the same amount of cash flow as adults. At the age of ten Michael Jackson and his little boy voice were floating that record company on a sea of money. I think someone decided not to gamble on what his post puberty voice might sound like. This is what I think happened. It's just my opinion. I think someone in the record company, and maybe someone in his family, and some doctor or doctors, colluded to inject Michael Jackson with female growth hormones. I think this was done to prevent the onset of puberty. But the problem with female growth hormones is that if you inject them into human beings they can alter sexualities, affect mental states, disrupt growth patterns, and let's face it, cause profound derangements in the person's emotional and intellectual development. This is my point to you. If someone injected Michael Jackson with female growth hormones, anyone who was party to that decision, anyone, became deeply responsible for whatever Michael Jackson did afterwards on foot of the damage caused to him by that decision. I think it happened. And I don't think the ten year old boy could be held responsible for that early decision to inject him with female growth hormones. I doubt he even knew what was happening. He's had a little boy voice for forty years. But I think the female growth hormone injections first took place when he was ten. Because that's when the voice was due to change, that's when the voice was worth a billion a year, and that's when for some reason his voice didn't change. I'm not justifying anything he may or may not have done. If he did it, I believe he's responsible and will answer for it. But if he was injected with something that drove him out of his mind... Well... I think the real criminals are those who were responsible for that initial decision to put psycho sexual poison into a ten year old boy's body."
I left the hairdressers.
Outside, evening was closing in.
I considered Michael Jackson to be the finest musician and performer of a generation.
Not the King of Pop.
The King of Pop was a nonsense title thought up by record company idiots, and it was a pity he didn't know better than to reject it.
He was an artist.
A poet.
A poet because what he did made people feel truly alive, made them want to create something themselves, enabled them, reminded them that life was good, extended experience.
In his songs and dancing he uniquely enunciated the principle of celebration in existence.
That was it.
He celebrated life.
And he was touched by the light.
I have never rated any artist higher than Michael Jackson.
I walked down Kilcullen Main Street away from the hairdressers.
The Jury acquitted Michael Jackson on all charges later that evening.
I never listened to a Michael Jackson song again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had lots of contact with male to female transexuals in the past (my job was performing facial electrolysis), and he sure fits the bill of someone on female hormones(past or present). I agree with your theory that is was started early - I am sure they (his family/handlers) convinced him to do this, or even did it against his will. The question in my mind is, did he continue with the hormones on his own? I really don't know the answer, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. Poor, poor child.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Kady said...

It's refreshing to read something from someone who has empathy for all that Michael Jackson went through in his life. I remain open minded about the accusations thrown at him. I fear they may have been brought on by someone who thought he/she might make a few millions from them. The child or children in question might surely have been coached to say what they did. I would never condone anyone harming a child, but Michael's guilt was never established. From all accounts and interviews, the man seemed like a talented, gentle, though sometimes misguided, soul who had love in his heart. That is how I choose to think of him. Thank you for a very kind post about someone who left this earth too soon....Kady

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with that theory . I found this post while searching for "Did Michael take female hormones when His voice started changing?" This is a secrest that would not be divulged since legal action would probably have been taken against the Person or persons who gave it to Him considering He was a juvenile at the time.Could be one of the reasons why He never liked His Dad .Michael lost His gender identity ,He never became a Man nor did He become a woman.It was just enough to keep His voice High.Fame and big bucks were at stake. I remember the rumours when michael was going through puberty then suddenly it seemed like a non issue.From then on things just turned weird.I kind of lost my zeal for Him

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home