The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, June 21, 2009

blast from the past

Found this in my files last night...

********

Channel Four Television, 60 Charlotte Street, London Wip 2aX
16th November 1988
Attention: James Healy.

Dear James
Thank you very much for letting me see BEFORE DAWN DAWNS.
I don't think that this would sit easily alongside the rest of our output. It's a very singular piece of writing, with fast, witty and entertaining dialogue. The jokes are funny and the running gags work well. On the down side, the idea is rather direction-less, and needs a centre of gravity.
There are some structural problems. - records are introduced, then disappear after twenty seconds; the poem will seriously hold up the pace of the play; and I think you need to decide if you're writing for stage or screen.
I'm not being terribly positive, I know, but there are a lot of good things i this script. I'd much rather be honest. Beyond that, I can't be of much help. Send us more writing and keep in touch.
Best wishes.
Seamus.
Seamus Cassidy, Commissioning Editor Entertainment

*********

Great Scott bold readers.
It is as I feared.
I'm Adrian Mole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home