The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

the overture for sophie

The burgeoning blush of life through the hedgerows. Blackbirds dancing on the lawn at dawn. Lissom light tugging at the trees in the garden of my father. The belling of bullocks from the fields. Lambs skittering in the ditches. Ancient newness returned again to the heartland. Blossoms beckoning like jewels. Warm wind's ruffle. Children swimming in the river where their grandfathers swam. Paddy Pup barking in rejoice. Emma's cats stalking my robins. Gold finches on the back window. My cousin Jennifer bringing her baby Sophie home from hospital. Glory. Glory to God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

And glory to cousin Jennifer.

I remarked to my assistant the other day, that Goldfinches looked as though they had been dipped in buttercups.....and she made fun of me!!!!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home