The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, April 10, 2009

temporary diversions

An afternoon looking after the nephew and niece.
I don't know what sort of parents those kids have.
I mean I wouldn't leave me to look after a dog.
(Woof. - Paddy Pup note.)
Let me this way put it.
My capacity to command is not my most salient feature.
And kids sense this instantly.
There was a nice moment in the middle of the day when I proclaimed the classic one liner: "No boldies."
The nephew and niece nearly collapsed laughing.
But they were ready to resume their riot in a surprisingly short amount of time.
Only now the chaos was regularly interspersed with cries of: "You're a boldie," "No, you're a boldie," and so on ad infinitboldie-itum.
I suppose someday all this will attain a rose tinted hue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Three things

1.They're lucky to have you for an uncle

2. What's a boldie?

3. Since I've moved to Firefox I show up as an unknown visitor on your sitemeter. Just so you know my IP address is 173.67.211

6:07 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hi Adrienne.
The Mammy returned from a ramble round your blog yesterday well pleased with her adventures.
"Boldies" is a generic word with a broad definition(like "politics") describing anyone engaged in activities likely to disrupt the peace, sanity, well being, or livelihood of Uncle James. The word can refer to the people engaged in said activities, or it can be used to describe the activities themselves.
J

1:21 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Thank you and a big hello to Mammy

4:40 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

The Mammy reciprocates Ade.
J

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home