The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

you wot guv

A night of strange and perturbed dreams.
I dreamed I saw Tony O'Reilly, formerly Ireland's richest man.
I was seeing him after his death marching towards the gates of heaven.
Saint Peter was waiting for him with a countenance ancient, wise and strong.
Saint Peter was anxious to do things by the book.
After a moment though he decided he owed it to himself to live a little.
He was genuinely unable to restrain himself.
A celestial rock group appeared at his shoulder and started to play the most heavenly music.
Saint Peter took up his best rock star pose and began singing.
He sang:

"Shakedown, shakedown.
Here you are O'Reilly and the chips are down.
Shakedown, shakedown.
You're busted."

Saint Peter sang it loud.
He sounded a bit like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home