The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 07, 2009

the full extent of my relationship with the popstar sinead o'connor

A few years ago Dublin was engulfed in the heaviest rainfall it had ever seen.
That is to say, the heaviest rainfall in living memory.
The streets were empty of people and virtually empty of traffic.
The citizenry had sought safe haven in the warmth of hostelries and homes.
I, long a lover of storms, was walking through the downpour.
As I turned up D'Olier Street, I saw a lone figure walking towards me through grey light and drenching rain.
The figure wore a body length anorak.
The figure's anorak had a large fleece lined hood pulled up tight, totally obscuring the head.
We drew level.
Alone on the rainswept street we halted and looked at each other.
I saw past the fleece lined hood.
Her eyes were bright.
She gave me a thrilling smile.
She moved away, vanishing into the curtain of rain around Trinity College.
I walked on in the direction of O'Connell Street bridge.
This is the full extent of my relationship with the popstar Sinead O'Connor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gennie Netz said...

Compared to my relationship with Sinead O'Connor, you two are well acquainted.

1:24 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, she really does have a thrilling smile.
J

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home