The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, January 23, 2009

the number of the beasts

And lo!
If God hath given me power, I would have called down fire from heaven on the Johnston Press. Their citadels of glass would have been laid low. Their gleaming towers burnt. Their parvenus flung to the four winds.
But God in his wisdom did not give me the authority to lay them low.
Except perhaps for their share price.
This calls for wisdom.
Let him who hath knowledge calculate the share price of the Johnston Press.
For the share price of the Johnston Press is a measure of the worth of a bunch of clypes who fired me from my job at the Leinster Leader around Christmas time 2007.
And the share price of the Johnston Press currently capitalises the company at a value less than the clowns paid for the Leinster Leader whose ownership thereof I never recognised anyway because I don't see why anyone should accept the right of a bunch of foreigners to buy a company where I've worked for ten years and then fire me.
And the share price of the Johnston Press this morning on the London Stock Exchange is 6.66 (pennies).
I kid you not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home