The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

prayer for america

Oh Lord bless America.
Bless all Americans wherever they are at this moment.
I praise you God for the goodness of Americans which is a reflection of your own immeasurable goodness.
I thank you God for the great deeds you have wrought in the world through their nation.
I praise you for the courage, strength and generosity of spirit which are hallmarks of the Americans.
I rejoice in your holy will oh God.
I celebrate your providence.
I give thanks for the great gift you have given the world in the United States of America.
God bless John McCain and his wife and family.
Bless them this night oh Lord and throughout their lives.
Bless Sarah Palin and her husband and family.
Bless them always Lord.
God bless President elect Barack Obama and his wife and family.
Bless President Obama in all the tasks he will face.
Bless him in times of trial as in times of triumph.
Watch over him Lord.
Guide him in your ways.
Bless him in his inmost heart with wisdom, strength and light.
May President Obama be ever guided and upheld by the spirit of eternal truth.
May he walk in the paths of grace.
Long live Jesus Christ the king.

11 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Thank you :-(

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, James. Very nice. What about Joe Biden? Poor guy, he's stuck with his Catholic call to humilty!

6:22 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Adrienne, my lady!
Maryh, I know what you mean and I agree. But if he's stuck with Catholicism, he's a rich man.
J

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, did you really wager €2000 on McCain, the local binman would call you nuts...say it aint so

3:13 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Ah my Anonymous Johnston Press friend, you are not a plantagenet.
James

9:42 PM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Thank you for your prayers, James, and for your friendship to my country. Truly, it warms my heart to know that at least one European still has kindly feelings for America -- and shares many of the values I hold dear as well.

2:22 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, your words are a gift from God to me.
J

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, James. Now I hope you will join a 1,460-day novena starting January 20, when Mr. Obama takes office.

As for Joe Biden, I can barely pray for shaking my head. He is like the uncle one invites to weddings and other festivities, hoping that he won't show up. And if he does, nice relatives volunteer to listen to his stories about how he's a Mason because Pope John Paul II said it was okay. And the young fellows take the duty of steering him clear of the punch and watering down his drinks.

12:51 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Oh Missjean.
You and your 1460 day novenas.
I thought novenas were supposed to be nine days.
And hey!
In my family I am that Joe Biden uncle.
Is the Veep elect, really a Mason?
I defeated the Masons many years ago in unarmed combat. Actually it was a radio interview.
But ah.
That's another story.
J

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, novenas are nine days so that even children can do them. But a grown-ups novena lasts nine years. I'm just shortening it because I'm hopeful for a change of presidents at the four-year mark. :)

Biden isn't a Mason (as far as I know) but he's convinced that abortion is okay because popes previous to Pope JP II said so. That's a lie, of course. And it's like the Masons around here who insist that Pope John Paul II said it was okay, but not that new fella.

However did you defeat Masonry with a radio interview? Is this just a cryptic way of confessing that you slugged a Mason with a radio?

I've always wanted to ask these questions of a mad uncle (but mine know where I live): What's your favorite object with which to hit a person? When you bite a groomsman, do you aim for the digits or the nose, or is it all a matter of opportunity?

2:05 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Missjean, I'll recount the Mason anecdote this week if you're really good.
As for my favourite weapon when brawling...
Gotta be biting satire.
J

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home