The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, October 30, 2008

who reads the heelers diaries

Coffee with Doctor Barn in the Whitewater Centre.
My face is a bit rueful.
"What's wrong with you?" sez Daktari.
I shrug preraphaelitely.
"The writers of an anti islamic terror website have put in a link to my blog," sez I.
"No way," sez the Doc.
"Yes way," sez I.
"How come?" quoth he.
The handsome visage of the mighty Heelers took on a certain moroseness.
"I wrote a fake review of the new James Bond film and they thought it was genuine," I explained. "They put in the link to it without my permission. My review had Bond taking on Al Qaeda."
The brother laughed heartily.
"How bad are they?"
"You mean the guys who linked me? Not sure. The site is called Infidel Army or something. It's got a kind of logo that looks a bit neo pagan. There's stuff on it I couldn't be sure of."
"So what are you going to do?" asked the brother.
"Do?" quoth me.
"Well are you going to complain and get the link removed?"
"Are you mad?" I exploded. "I'm more scared of those lads than I am of the Jihadi's."
The brother thought for a moment.
"So has it made you rethink your own attitude to Muslims?" he ventured.
I pondered his question.
"If I hate Muslims then my own soul is lost," I told him finally. "My understanding of the Biblical tradition is that the Arabs are children of Abraham just as truly as the Jews are children of Abraham. In fact the Arabs are his first born sons. God promised Abraham he would bless them for all time. God doesn't change his mind. If in detesting Muslim terrorism and Arab expansionism, I have come to despise the Arabs themselves then I have betrayed Christ."
This was all getting a bit apocalyptic for the brother.
To be fair to him, over the years he has listened to an awful lot of ranting out of me about Muslims, and every step of the way he has offered counsels of moderation and humanity.
He left me.
I sat alone.
In a little pool of stillness.
A faintly heroic figure.
How does it go again?
Ah yes.
The cops, the mob, the broads, the Jihadi's, the Johnston Press, the aliens, the UN spooks, and now the Infidel Bloggers Alliance... They're all out to get Heelers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The broads are out to get you, James? I didn't get the memo. I guess I'll have to get out my steel-spring traps and my varmint club. :)

I don't back down when someone starts trash-talking Our Lord or distorting His Word, but it's hard not to feel blue afterward. So I pray for them. I pray for Muslims and Jews and Calvinists and Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses and Buddhists and... Well, you get the picture.

10:35 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Varmint club? Ah, you know me too well.
J

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my varmint club once killed three deer and a weasel. Of course, there are 25 of us in the club.

10:42 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Heelers dazzles another lovestruck waif...
J

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home