The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, October 19, 2008

a pleasant interlude

Sitting in the kitchen with a coffee.
Paddy Pup at my feet.
I'm feeling mellow.
Enter Doctor Barn stage left.
"You look relaxed," sez the Doc.
"I am," sez I.
"Why so?" enquireth he.
"I've stopped worrying about this McCain bet," explaineth me.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I'm not sweating it anymore. If Barack wins, it's because it's meant to be. He's not so bad. He's got a greatness of his own actually. He's made a lot of normally cynical people believe in politics again. And he's cool under fire and an absolutely superb communicator. He can lead. He's ready. If it happens it will be for the best. He will fulfill the role of President with honour."
Doctor Barn took a step backwards.
The brother thinks Barack Obama will win but he's not used to this sort of talk from me.
"Are you on something?" he muttered.
"Painkillers for the toothache," sez I.
"How many did you take?"
I grinned blissfully.
"I took three."

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Thank God it's just the meds. I thought you had lost it for a moment...

7:25 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

The doctors say I'm mostly harmless.
J

3:41 PM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

I too am having to prepare myself for the inevitable.

12:04 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schneewittchen, you're going to start paying your taxes?
J

12:14 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

The election's not over 'til it's over. I'll reconcile myself on November 5, if necessary.

2:51 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hey Gen.
I think McCain is going to win it.
J

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home