The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, October 03, 2008

the octobrists

dead relatives in a photograph
watch me from the wall
shell shocked at my decision
i sit and write alone
i might have loved you once
but i will never love you now

night is at my window
the years are at my door
and what was wrought in darkness
shines brightly all the more
and what will never be
has its own brief allure

a spirit restless brooding
in a body growing old
sifts the drifting embers
through the ashes of my soul
they say love lights the universe
but the universe is cold

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

This is already printed out and in my journal ........

5:51 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Adrienne, I gotta write you a more cheerful poem!
J

2:27 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Funny you should say that. I gave it to hubby and he said. "rather morose, isn't it" I reminded him you were Irish..... ;-)

It was exactly how I was feeling that day so it was perfect but cheerful would be nice, too.

7:02 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

I'm working on it!
J

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home