The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, August 23, 2008

the night visitor

She came to me in her glory.
She said: "James you always honoured me."
I said: "It was because you had the kids. You let nothing stand in your way. You gave them their chance at life. Anne, you should have seen your daughter at the funeral. She was gorgeous. She was just terrific. She was doing a reading and she got into trouble with the Biblical language. And the more she tried to read the sentence the more bogged down she got. Finally she just said Bleccchhh. I've never heard anyone say Bleccchhh on the altar before. She said Bleccchhh, and that got her focused, and then she went back and read the full sentence perfectly. It was brilliant. Best thing I've ever seen at a funeral... I'll see you sometime in eternity Anne. We'll meet at the pillar. Second star on the right. Straight ahead till morning."

2 Comments:

Blogger Philomena Breslin said...

This is a beautiful prayer and recognition of a spirit in our universe. Philo

9:57 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

My lovely Philomena.
James

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home