The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, February 07, 2008

come back doctor phibes all is forgiven

I hobbled through the kitchen.
"What's up?" said the artist formerly known as Doctor Barn from somewhere behind a newspaper.
"I think it's my ankle," I told him. "It's been like this for a few days."
"Give us a look," said Daktari.
I plonked on a chair and proffered my right foot doctorwards.
The brother looked at it with mild concentration.
"Hmmm," he said thoughtfully.
Before I could stop him, he reached out and grabbed my big toe.
In a single deft motion he moved the big toe to an angle 45 degrees off the horizontal.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh," I remarked.
In no especial hurry the doc released my toe.
"You've an ingrown toe nail," he pronounced expertly. "It's infected. You'd better get it looked at."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home