The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, October 15, 2007

the darkness who knows

dead relatives in a photograph
watch me from the wall
shellshocked at my decision
i sit and write alone
i might have loved you once
but i will never love you now

night is at the window
the years are at my door
and what was wrought in darkness
shines brightly all the more
and what will never be
has its own brief allure

a spirit restless brooding
in a body growing old
sifts the drifting embers
through the ashes of my soul
they say love lights the universe
but the universe is cold

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heelers it's unfathomably brilliant.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

It...well yes, it sort of is...and the comment....also sort of unfathomably brilliant James.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my favourite for the wrong reasons

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home