The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

strolling

Strolling with my brother Doctor Barn amid afternoon shoppers in early Autumn sunshine on main street Newbridge.
A little Nigerian child appears ahead of us.
He is about five years old.
He sees my brother and runs full tilt to him. He wraps his arms around Barn's tree trunk legs in a hug.
The doc smiles and says hello.
Presently the child runs back to his mother.
"I see them every week," explains the brother.
Then he looks at me more closely.
"What's wrong with you?" sez he.
I am a bit rheumy eyed.
"Ah Barn if only you could have seen it yourself," I tell him. "For a moment there you really did stand little lower than the angels."

3 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Moments like that in the life of a doctor probably help make up for some of the pain and sickness they deal with everyday. Everyone likes to be loved, and little children express their love so easily.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sayin yon bruvvers legaroos are FAT? Shame! Shame! And thrice SHAME, I.ve seen Barn's spaugs, and they are nothing lass than lithsome and lovely. Jealousy becomes you not Jamie Boy.

10:52 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, it was beautiful.
Anon, Medbh you are scaring me.
J

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home