The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, August 17, 2007

inspiritus

Images on television tonight of the river Ganges flowing through northern India.
It reminded me of dreams I've had.
You know, where I talk about the light being "a lovely American light."
The dream with the Dad and Jess was one. Then there's another dream where I'm in a Greek city with temples everywhere.
I got the same sensation tonight while I was awake watching the river on television.
I understood at last.
The surge of joy at these scenes is my mind vaguely recognising something it is intended to know one day but has never yet seen.
Heaven.
I think this must have been what cracking brainbox CS Lewis was on about in Surprised By Joy.
And I thought he was nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home