The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, August 23, 2007

enter the mogul

I jammed on the brakes.
Esmerelda screeched to a halt outside the Riverbank Theatre.
I wound down the window and craned for a better look.
Above the door a large sign proclaimed:
"Paddy Melia presents CHARLEY'S AUNT!"
My mind flew.
Two months ago I'd had lunch with the Melia mogul.
I'd said: "We should produce Charley's Aunt."
He'd said: "Are you mad? No one would come. It's way out of date."
I'd said: "We could contemporise it. Sex it up a bit. In a charming way. While still keeping the Victorian setting. In fact we could call it Victorian Scandals."
He'd said: "Awful title. Count me out. It would never work."
And now here we are.
I have just discovered from the aforementioned signage that the aforementioned mogul has himself decided to produce the aforementioned Charley's Aunt.
"Well I'll be a boo hoo twins uncle," I breathed softly. "At least he meant it when he said he didn't like my title."

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Oh the treachery.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Some things just aren't right.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home