The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, July 29, 2007

splooshings

Wondering how on earth I could keep the three year neighbour's kid entertained.
His parents, obviously for a bet, had left him in my care.
What to do?
I settled on washing the car.
The kid wielded the water hose and I did the scrubbing.
The day was going down.
Long shadows over the lawn.
Paddy Pup watching us from a safe distance.
The kid laughing delightedly each time he accidentally drenched me with the hose.
We washed my car, the Dad's and Doctor Barn's.
Both of us ended up soaked amid much chaos, laughter and magic.
I wonder will the child always remember this day.
I know I will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. I'll have to remember that one for the grandchildren. (When I get some.)

7:55 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen it was a touch of heaven.
Nastenka, good to hear from you again.
J

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home