The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

the creature has awoken

The great jungle beast stirred in his primordial nest.
That is to say, I lay in my bed.
Late afternoon at the Chateau de Healy.
From the kitchen there came the tinkling of women's voices.
Hark.
Tis my feminist cousin Pauline sharing a few jollies with the Mammy.
I groaned and rolled face down in the pillow.
Did I return from Rome for this... this infernal twittering?
A thought struck me.
I picked up the mobile phone beside my bed and dialled our house phone which is in the kitchen.
The Mammy answered.
"Hi Ma. I'm in bed. Will you bring me a cup of coffee."
The sounds of Pauline's succinct and subtly chosen profanities drifted to my ears.
Ah...
Now that's worth coming back to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Doesn't everyone believe in equality, surely it's not just Pauline ?

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home