The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 24, 2007

aphorisms


The ghost of Samuel Johnson appeared at my side in the cafe. He favoured me with a look that was not unfriendly nor yet excessively warm. It was as though he wanted to recognise my greatness without deferring to it. Then he nodded towards the couple beneath the umbrella standing on the Strand in the rain.
"He who is tired of London is tired of life," he murmured.
"He who can afford London has a stack of cash," I replied.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Hmm....London has much more appeal when you only visit it occasionally. BUT the is something in Dr. Johnson's little quip. More in yours though ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I like that photo, James.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home