The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, January 28, 2007

flag on the play

An email from Brian Malcolmson, an old acquaintance who has risen in the world to become a mid ranking staffer at the United Nations. It ran as follows.

"Heelers.
What have you been saying? I tried to log onto your blog this morning from one of our computers and got back a message telling me: This site is considered unsafe by the UN. What on earth have you been up to?
Malcolmson."

I replied in short order.

"Mallers.
Is this for real? I cannot think of any reason why the UN would be worried about my blog. True, I have written one or two mildly pro American articles but that's not a crime surely.
Maybe they're worried about the poetry.
Heelers."

6 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

It's Hodders, she's some kind of Mata Hari! Who knows what that big hair is hiding.

Or....maybe that subversive thing you did when you hid one of your poems in the bookshop.

Blocked by the UN, whatever next? Blacklisted by the Body Shop maybe or barred by Marks and Sparks.

9:01 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, Chamki in India advises the UN thinks every blog is unsafe. Which kind of kills the fantasy a bit! (About the UN. Not about Chamki.)
Nonetheless I can still aim to become Public Enemy Number One vis a vis the Body Shop, Marks And Sparks, et al.
Particularly Al.
J

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sipping coffees earlier today at a Chat N' Chew in Latham, Massachusetts when a patron identifying himself as a member of the UN pulled me out onto the curb. He claimed he had reason to believe I had logged onto your blog as Sir Anonymous and wanted to know if I knew you personally. Needless to say, I lied and told him I never met you before, but like most readers of your blog, dreamed of meeting you oneday. He then thanked me and informed me that he'd be keeping an eye on me at all times. As my late Uncle Ken used to say, "Would you ever put that laptop away before the UN thinks you're communicating with the feckin enemy!"

Sir Anonymous

2:39 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Sir A.
That is the first comment you have ever left which gave me a genuine belly laugh.
James

2:42 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Me too, I still haven't forgiven him for the whole 'Western Canada' fiasco. Well, maybe, just about.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heelers, Please forgive me for not signing off my last post as Sir Anonymous, but sometimes I get so passionate when I talk about my late Uncle Ken and his legacy that he left for modern civilization, that I forget the little things.

Schneewittchen, I don't know where I'd be without you. Some of my favorite actors of all time are Canadiens. After all where would we be without Martin Short, Mike Myers and last but not least...the late John Candy.

All the best,

Sir Anonymous

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home