The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, October 06, 2006

on the side of the angels

Flumping down on the bed last night at 1am.
"Bring my greetings to Divya," I told the guardian angel as I turned out the light.
Bold readers for some time I have been fascinated by an idea contained in the ancient religion that we all have a guardian angel.
I am particularly fascinated by the notion that the angels will run errands for us.
Of course I felt bad about asking Fonzerelli to travel half way round the world, so I added: "Give me a call when you get back."
I rolled over and went to sleep.
Some time later my eyes snapped open in the darkness.
The red glow from the digital clock showed 2.30am.
"What the hell?" I grumbled. "Why am I after waking up?"
Then I remembered.
I mumbled thanks into the stillness and sought to regain the blissful realm of sleep.
A thought struck me.
Apparently my guardian angel can get to India in 45 minutes.
I wonder has anyone ever timed one before.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Good lord Heelers, you expect us to believe that you were asleep before two?

I think it's a darn good experiment though. I'm going to try it.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Chamki said...

3 of my friends have Oracle cards, which have messages from Archangels. I pick a card sometimes. I picked one today, it was about giving your body enough rest and I AM sick!

For my exam, instead of studying I spent some of my crucial time praying because I just couldn't concentrate and today I gave a good exam.

Also, some people send their angels to me and help make life easier. They are remembered at prayer time and will be sprinkled by fairie dust when their eyes are shut.

7:12 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, are you referring to me as Good Lord Heelers, or was that just a standard interogative exclamation? Don't disappoint me now!
Chamki, Brim full of Asha!
James

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home