The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, August 28, 2006

The cops, the mob, the broads...

Rang the chief of police this morning to cancel our appointment.
Dublined.
City of rain.
I walked in it like a ghost through my own dreams.
I spoke to God.
I said: "I don't want to defeat the swines at work. I don't want to humiliate them." It was a most strange prayer for me.
Another journalist has quit the Leinster Lootheramawn. She's gone to Japan to work part time as a teacher. The chap who left a few months ago went to Jerusalem to do a night class.
I kid you not.
That's some indictment. The lad choosing to go to Jerusalem rather than stay in the office at the Lootheramawn.
Says it all.
Ah life you bauble.
Met Lu Yi for coffee.
She was worth the trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Did God have any advice for you? I ask because I'm trying to upgrade my listening to God skills which I've realised are a bit rubbish.
I envy you your rain. Although I'll bitterly regret saying that by November.

9:57 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, the answer I got is the last line of my next post!
J

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home