The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, June 23, 2006

What Did We See...

At 2.2o am, this morning of Friday 26 June, the Dad called me out to the back garden. He'd been locking Paddy Pup in his shed.
"Look at those," said the Dad pointing at the sky.
There were three lights some distance away.
Could have been half a mile. Could have been twenty miles.
One winked out.
Two more came on.
"Get your video camera," sez I.
I went upstairs and opened a window.
I could now see four lights.
Bright. Steady in the sky.
The Dad joined me at the upstairs window.
There were now six lights.
Some winked off.
Others winked on.
We talked out loud about what we were filming.
"Fireworks?" sez I.
"No," said the Dad.
"Something fastened to an electricity pylon," sez I.
"No," said the Dad.
"Helicopters," sez I.
"No," said the Dad.
What we were looking at, clearly was none of these things.
On two occasions the lights showed signs of motion, gently dropping in the sky before extinguishing.
We filmed on.
I talked aloud about bringing the tape to the international news networks.
For 45 minutes the lights winked on and off in this corner of the sky. We could see the line of the Wicklow mountains outlined underneath.
What on God's earth did we see?

3 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god....I get very excited by ANY suspicion of UFO's, and at time of writing they WERE unidentified. Had you and the dad been partaking of the Murphy's at all?

5:08 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

It will be interesting to see if you read or hear anything about it in the news. A somewhat similar thing happened when I was a kid in Nebraska (1960's). We saw very bright, odd lights in the sky moving around, and the next day the newspapers said that people over a 100-mile area had reported seeing them. To my knowledge, no explanation was ever given. At the time, the U.S. government was flying a lot of strange things over the Sandhills from Offutt Air Base in Omaha, Nebraska. We were always finding big clumps of shredded aluminum foil in the pastures.

5:52 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hi Schneewittchen. No Murphys, Guinness, Heineken, Tennants, or anything else being imbibed! Okay I had drunk a cup of tea and the Dad was smoking cigarettes...
Gen, nothing on the news so far about it in Ireland. Military hardware is a good concrete possibility though even if the Dad and I do not think that's what it was. Maybe a communications grid that the Irish army can use at night for signals? Also we should consider fakery... There are idiots (how about film effects people, television people) who would spend money on this sort of nonsense. Remember there was a fake alien autopsy video doing the rounds some years ago that must have cost in the region of half a million bucks. That one was put together by Hollywood people in their spare time. So in Ireland maybe we have a few loolahs willing to invest in some nice light grids which if suspended high enough (somehow) might create a show such as we saw. But we are talking about that sort of expenditure. Half a mill. A mill. Right now my memory and my video is showing something I don't think is explainable this way. But yes, there are plenty who would be willing to do it. The crop circles phenomenon is completely false. Not partly. Completely. This is my journalistic assessment.
Scrapper, old buddy, old pal, I'll ring you tonight to talk about it. I know. I know. You thought I was mad before today!!!
James

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home